Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting it off the ground and started

I've been brain storming about this idea for months on end. The idea came to me probably sometime in the dead of winter working away in my office. I was looking for a easier way to connect to the artistic like minded in my area. Those who would be interested in creatively collaborating in one way or another. I talked it up with some of my creatively sick friends and the idea sparked much interest, but little means to how to get it started. I wrote a manifesto of sorts, created a logo, then taped it to my tack board. I've probably glanced at it for another quick read a million times, but nothing but wishful thinking and that deep burning desire to get it off the ground and started. Months later my old friend Albert came along and I shared it with him. He has had success in something similar and so he saw the possibilities. He convinced me to start a blog, talk it up and so here I am spilling my ideas out. Read it and let me know what you think.

Founder Mindi Poston Gay


Creative Core Collaborative
What is Creative Core Collaborative? A group formed for the sole purpose of bringing people together who own or work for businesses in select areas dealing with artistic creation to connect, inspire, collaborate, exhibit their work and feed off of the creative activity we possess. The goal is to promote and foster and awareness in your own town that such individuals coexist and are thinking of ways of collaborating to bring fresh modern ideas to the area.

Objective of Creative Core Collaborative? To use the group for social networking and as a means to gather a Core group of artists and new and old friends together who each have unique backgrounds. An example of the Core to be assembled- Designer, Architect, Interior Designer, Photographer, Landscape Designer, Fashionista, thinker of Cool, Modern, Green Ideas, Web Designer, Graphic Designer, Industrial Designer, Composer, Musician, Chef, Epicurean, Furniture, Art and Antique Collector, Film Maker, Actor, Editor, Writer, Painter, Sculptor, Retail Store Owner, Crafter, etc.....
Fresh Ideas to get the Core together- Blog, Blog, Blog, Monthly Art Cafe or any cool place to meet up and chat. Pick a venue and promote it to death. Host an event like a dinner party, cocktail party, wine tasting, BBQ..any excuse to co mingle. Attend an artists showcase event, performance...any way to check out the talent.
Join the Core and Let's start to Collaborate- If this sounds like something you'd like to be apart of, send a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment